Job Title: Buyer
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Purchasing Manager
Full-Time – 1st shift
Buyer will work to procure goods and services in accordance with established Camcraft policies and procedures. This includes, but it not limited to, raw materials, machinery, equipment, MRO supplies and services provided by outside vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process RFQ’s and Purchase Orders for the procurement of goods, raw materials and supplies needed for manufacturing.
- Negotiates with vendors, obtains, and analyzes quotes to ensure the best costs, payment terms and delivery options.
- Expedites purchase orders and requests from internal customers as needed.
- Support engineering and sales teams in obtaining RFQ’s.
- Drive cost savings through continuous improvement.
- Work with vendors and internal quality team on defective goods or services to determine root case and corrective actions.
- Manage inventory of raw materials and monthly cycle counts.
- Responsible for resolving shortages and issues with suppliers.
- Research sources for new or alternative suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply of key materials.
- Monitor, track, and provide feedback on supplier’s performance on delivery and quality.
- Perform supplier evaluations monthly and supplier audits, as needed.
- Support Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business or Supply Chain Management preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills to interface with all levels of management, multiple departments and external suppliers